Caring and Your Career
27 September, 15:00 - 16:00
We hope to provide an open and interactive session giving working carers the opportunity to exchange their experiences via live online polls and posted comments/questions. We’re keen to enable participants to gain some helpful insights on balancing caring and career commitments to come away from the session with a better perspective on how they can keep things sustainable.
Working carers are often a hidden population in the workplace with many carers not even recognising the extent to which they are caring alongside their work roles. Many carers feel isolated and alone and they are not always able to raise the subject with their manager or colleagues. It can be hugely beneficial for carers to connect with each other and gain insights into other coping strategies. These speakers are part of the Coaching team within one of the market leading organisations working with carers and coaching hundreds of individual carers and facilitating group sessions on carer topics.
• Gain coaching-based advice on how to manage any guilt and stress connected with caring
• Take away practical insights on managing your work+family blend when juggling caring with career
• Identify the transferable skills between home and work life - and how to maximise these and manage your professional ‘brand’ at work
• Benefit from practical advice on the ‘big conversations’ with adult dependants, wider family, work
• Get signposts to further support, information and services